Current Research Interests
Our research focuses on multifunctional oxide thin films and their applications in nanoelectronic and spintronic devices. Our current research projects includes:
- 2D materials with unique functional properties, e.g. ferroelectricity, and various Van der Waals heterstructuers;
- ferroelectric photovoltaic effect and its application in non-volatile memory and optoelectronic devices; and
- controlling the electronic phase evolution in strongly correlated systems.
- 2017 - present, Professor, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- 2011 - 2017, Associate Professor, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- 2006 - 2011, Asssistant Professor, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- 2005 - 2006, Research Fellow, Materials Research Lab, Pennsylvania State University, USA.
- 2000 - 2005, Ph.D. , School of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Maryland, USA.
- 1995 - 1999, B.S., School of Materials Science and Engineering, Nanjing University, China.
"Room-temperature ferroelectricity in CuInP2S6 ultrathin flakes", Fucai Liu, Lu You, Kyle L. Seyler, Xiaobao Li, Peng Yu, Junhao Lin, Xuewen Wang, Jiadong Zhou, Hong Wang, Haiyong He, Sokrates T. Pantelides, Wu Zhou, Pradeep Sharma, Xiaodong Xu, Pulickel M. Ajayan, Junling Wang*, Zheng Liu*, Nature Communications, accepted (2016).
"Giant Photostriction in Organic-Inorganic Lead Halide Perovskites", Yang Zhou, Lu You, Shiwei Wang, Zhiliang Ku, Hongjin Fan, Daniel Schmidt, Andrivo Rusydi, Lei Chang, Le Wang, Peng Ren, Liufang Chen, Guoliang Yuan, Lang Chen and Junling Wang*, Nature Communications, 7, 11193, doi:10.1038/ncomms11193 (2016).
"Flexible organic ferroelectric films with large piezoelectric response" Wenxiu Gao, Lei Chang, He Ma, Lu You, Jiang Yin, Junming Liu, Zhiguo Liu, Junling Wang*, and Guoliang Yuan*, NPG Asia Materials, 7, e189; doi:10.1038/am.2015.54 (2015).
"Unraveling how electronic and spin structures control macroscopic properties of manganite ultra-thin films", Xinmao Yin, Muhammad Aziz Majidi, Xiao Chi, Peng Ren, Lu You, Natalia Palina, Xiaojiang Yu, Caozheng Diao, Daniel Schmidt, Baomin Wang, Ping Yang, Mark B.H. Breese, Junling Wang*, Andrivo Rusydi*, NPG Asia Materials, 7, e196; doi:10.1038/am.2015.65 (2015).
"Polarization-mediated thermal stability of metal/oxide heterointerface", Qingtong Zhang, Lu You, Xi Shen, Caihua Wan, Zhonghui Yuan, Li Huang, Wenjie Kong, Hao Wu, Richeng Yu, Junling Wang*, and Xiufeng Han*, Advanced Materials, 27, 6934 (2015).