Current Research Interests
Dr. Long Yi has more than 10 years’ experience with solid thin films since her Ph.D training. She is developing 2D structures by nanostructuring manipulation, eg. superlattice, controlled porosity, hybrid structure, biomimetic surface fabrication and etc, to give materials with a greater range of properties than is usually obtained.
She has a general interest in understanding the microstructure and property relationship and how these relate to the underlying mechanism aided by simulations.
She is also working closely with industry partner to develop new technology.
Dr. Long studied at Cambridge University, United Kingdom and her research area is to develop different nanostructured functional thin films. She has successfully implemented technology transfer from lab to industry for hard disk company and car grooming company. Her recent focus is to develop energy saving coatings and other functional nanostructures.
Current Research projects:
- MOE Tier one, RG124/16 (PI)
- MOE Tier one, RG200/17 (PI)
- NTU-HUJ-BGU CREATE Programme: Nanomaterials for Energy and Water Management project Phase 2 (2016-2021) (PI)
Past Research projects:
- MOE Tier one, RG101/13 (PI)
- NRF POC, 2015NRF-POC002-019 (PI)
- NTU-HUJ-BGU CREATE Programme: Nanomaterials for Energy and Water Management project Phase 1 (2011-2016) (PI)
Past Industrial projects:
- Clearbridge Partners (PI)
- Groomworkz Singapore and SPRING Singapore (PI)
- Cal-comp and EDB Singapore (PI)
1. Hu, H. B.; Wang, S. C.; Feng, X. L,; Pauly, M.; Decher, G.; and Long, Y.*, In-plane aligned 1D-nanoobject assemblies: Recent advances in fabrication and applications, Chemical Society Review, 10.1039/C9CS00382G, 2020
2. Ke, Y. J.; Chen, J. W; Lin, G.J; Wang, S. C.; Zhou, Y.; Lee, P.S,; Yin, J.; Long, Y.*, Smart Windows: Electro-, Thermo-, Mechano-, Photo-Chromics and Beyond, Adv. Energy Mater. 2019, 1902066, Back cover, invited review.
3. Zhou, Y.; Wan, C.J.; Yang, Y.S.; Yang, H.; Wang, S. C.; Dai, Z.D.; Ji, K.J.; Jiang, H.; Chen, X.D. Long, Y.*, Highly Stretchable, Elastic, and Ionic Conductive Hydrogel for Artificial Soft Electronics Adv. Funct. Mater. 2019, 29, 1806220.
4. Cui,Y.Y; Ke,Y.J.; Liu,C. ;Wang,N. ;Chen, Z. ;Zhang,L.M. ;Zhou,Y.; Wang S.C.; Gao,Y.F;. Long, Y.*, Thermochromic VO2 for Energy-efficient Smart Windows, Joule 2018, 2, 1–40.
5. Ke, Y. J.; Wen, X. L.; Zhao, D. Y.; Che, R. C.; Xiong, Q. H.; Long, Y.*, Controllable Fabrication of Two-Dimensional Patterned VO2 Nanoparticle, Nanodome, and Nanonet Arrays with Tunable Temperature-Dependent Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance. Acs Nano 2017, 11 (7), 7542-7551.