Let us recycle together! We can help to protect our
environment, save resources and extend the lifespan of our landfill by reducing
and recycling our waste!
out what items can be recycled:
- Infocomm Technology (ICT) equipment: Computers, Mobile phones, Printers, Tablets etc.
- Other types of e-waste: Batteries.
why we need to recycle:
Recycling e-waste protects
human and environmental health.
· E-waste pollution cause harmful effects on human
health, such as inflammation and oxidative stress – precursors to
cardiovascular disease, DNA damage and possibly cancer.
· Lithium batteries can caused spontaneous combustion.
Recycling e-waste helps to
conserve our earth’s precious natural resources.
· This reduces the need to mine limited raw materials
from the earth. Reducing the need for mining also lowers pollution.
As an individual or
Household, you can reduce e-waste by:
- Repair electronic
equipment where feasible
- Reuse items in working
- Recycle unwanted items
by making use of voluntary recycling schemes spearheaded by industry
Simply drop off the e-waste at SCARCE Lab
located at N1.2 B4-01 (NTU School of Chemical and